Tuesday 8 February 2011

Pregancy Quiz

1. WAS YOUR PREGNANCY PLANNED?
Not really but I just didn't think it'd be so quick!

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?
Yes, married in May 2010 and conceived in July 2010.

3. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION?
A bit shell shocked to be honest. Wasn't expecting it (very naive I know) and wondering how we'd manage!

4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?
No, not at all.

5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?
31.

6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?
I'd not had periods since coming off the pill, so was waiting for that first (it never came!) and I wasn't feeling well so thought a Dr would ask so I'd do a test to show I wasn't, and a second line emerged!!

7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?
My husband. Well, I didn't tell exactly, I just showed him the stick!

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX?
Yes, we felt it would help us by knowing. He's a boy!!

9. DUE DATE?
10th April 2010.

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?
I wasn't sick at all (a Dr friend said this was a boy sign) but I had constant nausea for about 2-3 months.

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?
Citrus fruits - oranges and grapefruits and pancakes with lemon and sugar.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?
I've not really been too irritated. I guess OH has born the brunt of my emotions.

13. WHAT IS YOUR CHILD'S SEX?
A boy!!

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?
I hadn't really thought about it properly until the scan. As one of three girls I felt I'd be better with a girl so was a bit 'oh' when we found out but I felt terrible for feeling that way. It's sunk in more now.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS HAVE YOU GAINED THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?
I don't know. I gave up weighing myself after a stone and half extra and that was before Christmas.

16. HAVE YOU HAD A BABY SHOWER?
Not yet, my friend is organising a little one for friends to come and chat, maybe play games and eat snacks. Nothing fancy or 'American' style!!

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?
It will be something I know about! Obviously!! =D

18. HAVE YOU HAD ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?
None yet. I did have an extra blood pressure test last week as I was worried about pre-eclampsia but it turns out I have low blood pressure so that wasn't too bad!!

19. WHERE ARE YOU GOING TO GIVE BIRTH?
Stafford Hospital - debating at present whether to go for the birthing centre which is midwife led, or the normal bit.

20. HOW MANY HOURS DO YOU THINK YOU WILL BE IN LABOUR?
Goodness knows. At least 14 I reckon!!

21. WHO WILL DRIVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL?
I live 5 minutes away so am considering walking if I feel up to it, or it'll be my husband driving. (takes longer to drive round than walk though!!)

22. WHO WILL BE WITH YOU WHEN YOU GIVE BIRTH?
That'll be the husband. Whether he's any use or not we've yet to find out!

23. ARE YOU PLANNING NATURAL OR C - SEC?
It'll hopefully be a natural birth.

24. WHAT PAIN RELIEF DO YOU PLAN?
I'm not really planning. I intend to go with the flow and see how it goes. Gas and air I imagine and then we'll see. I'm not ruling anything out.

27. HOW MUCH DO YOU THINK YOUR CHILD WILL WEIGH?
I was about 6lb, husband a lot larger. I'm hoping smaller rather than bigger!!

28. WHAT DATE DO YOU THINK BABY WILL BE BORN?
I'm hoping for earlier rather than later but on the due date would be nice as I have a wedding to go to on the 9th!!

30. WHAT NAME DO YOU HAVE FORHIM/HER?
We're keeping that a secret until we meet him. Plus we're not 100% sure at the moment.

31. HOW MANY WEEKS PREGNANT ARE YOU TODAY?
31+2

No comments:

Post a Comment