Thursday 20 October 2011

Six Months Old

I can't believe this day is already here.

My baby boy is half a year old today!

He is able to sit up on his own for a little bit, but with his cushion sits and plays for a while before toppling forward!  Toppling doesn't phase him, he just pushes forward so he's on his tummy and flips himself over to his back again, grinning as he likes it on his back!

He sits up in his high chair now for meals and is now on meat dishes as of this week, all of which are going down pretty well.  He's enjoyed chicken and parsnip puree, spinach and cod puree and baby beef casserole puree (all from Annabel Karmel's weaning guide) but today's salmon and sweetcorn wasn't received as well!  Whether that's because he's a bit off his food with his toothypegs or he just didn't like the taste I'm not sure but we'll try him on it again next week!  He did eat his dinner of butternut squash and pasta, and he loves yoghurt now. I've been giving him full fat natural yoghurt with fruit puree in (today was pear) and he loves that!

His hair has grown lots on top and is a dark blonde whereas round the sides and back it's a very white blonde so how it's going to turn out I don't know!  He's my stripey badger at the moment!!  And his eyes!  They are so unique, somedays blue/grey, somedays green and somedays gold!

He has two bottom front teeth trying to come through.  His second one has also cut, but both are just sitting there and keeping him up in the night.  I do hope they come through soon as they're really bothering him :(  I am glad that he's got some teeth before his 6 months though!!  Mind you, when he's feeding it's ok until he's full and then he just does a little chomping so I feel the bite and tap his nose to indicate he needs to not bite me!!

He loves playing 'this is the way the lady rides' on my knee and being jumped about.  He loves the pirate song (when I was one I learnt to run) and doing the actions.  He loves Izzy and watching her, and going out on walks where she gets to run and he leans forwards in his buggy to catch all her antics!

He has such a little personality, and is such a happy and content baby, and we're so blessed to have him.

And he's halfway to one year old! I'm going to have to start thinking about his first birthday party!!  Hah!!





No comments:

Post a Comment