Monday 28 February 2011

Sofa Saga

It’s been a long time coming, but today I have a new sofa set!

You may be aware from previous posts that I’ve been wishing for a new sofa for many a month, mainly due to the fact that Izzy had destroyed my old one, and Steve kept insisting on trying to fix the broken pieces of foam cushion till one day in a rage, I ripped the remainder apart to stop him from fixing it again when it’s so past it’s best, and last week went and bought a new sofa from Homebase.

Delivery seemed a little steep at £30 so I decided to see if I could look at hiring a van, which was far more expensive so I was on my way to pay for it and book it Saturday afternoon and Steve took umption at the £30 and looking online saw that the sofa was back available online with free delivery.

So off he went to Homebase to argue this point which made me worry that he’d cancel my order to buy it from the website instead to get free delivery, which ordinarily I would agree with, but with being fed up to high heaven with the rotten old one and with the estate agents coming on Monday to take photos and measure up the house to put on the market, I wasn’t prepared to wait any longer!!

Anyway, Amy and I went along to the store to see what was going on, and there he was, chatting to the customer advisor (ironically one of my old guides from when I began looking after the Unit, now all tall and grown up!) and Amy was spying whilst I stressed about whether I’d get my sofa or not.

Extra drama:
I’d fallen over on the steps outside the store because we were rushing, Amy shrieked out ‘Kate’ as I ended up in a push up position, all my weight on my hands that had shot out and protected my bump from the step edges but the shock of falling made me burst into tears at which moment our neighbours from Mynors street with a Dalmatian dog who hates Izzy walked by seeing me in silly shoes and socks looking frazzled and sobbing. Great.  I was a bit of a tired wreck on Saturday to be honest.  I've not fallen over in 8 months, a feat I was rather proud of!!

Then Steve came to join us lurking in the paintbrush aisle to say that he’d bought the matching cuddle chair to go with the sofa for me, and got £50 off it and a reduced fee for the delivery. I felt rather ashamed of myself for worrying he was going to cancel everything and make me wait, and was exceptionally nice to him for the rest of the weekend.  It seems he wants me to be happy which was a very nice thing for him to say!  And having had a successful delivery and installment of the sofa's I am most happy indeed. 

We had fun yesterday hacking the old sofa apart with Dad and Steve jumping on it and Izzy was shut out so as to not get any ideas about to what lengths she could go to with a sofa chair.  She hated the empty lounge last night and kept wandering about looking morose that she had nowhere to sit.  Photos will follow!!

Here's Dad with his tool kit, it was raining heavily outside so he got a bit soggy fetching things in poor fellow!

Note the little gremlin dog wondering what's going on and why so much fuss and noise is happening!!
Does she look sorry?  Not sorry enough!!  :)



Out with the old, and in with the new!!!


Much better :)


And so very much more comfortable!!

So in short I have a spectacularly tidy and clean house, a new sofa suite and we're trying to sell it.  At least if nothing happens, we're quite happy where we are, especially if Steve moves into an office as the extra room will help once baby is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment