Saturday 12 February 2011

Rib Tickling

A new thing that's happened with Baby's growth and surprised me today was a bit of rib tickling!!

I guess things really are starting to get tight in there for baby, and as I was lying on my side I could feel what I presume to be a head on my left side above my pelvis and pushing out as with what I presume to be his feet, they were playing the xylophone on my ribs!!  It was a most peculiar sensation and a little uncomfortable.  I had to shift about and rub my ribs to encourage him to move position.

I then had a bath on Friday night, lit candles, used Soap and Glory bubbles, twas relaxing, until I got the theme tune to Jaws in my head.  Watching my tummy wriggle and move about was quite nice, then something large and pointy like a shark fin protruded out and sailed around my tummy button!!  If ever there was a moment you wished you'd been filming something, that was it.  I was so taken aback at seeing my body move of it's own accord like that.  It's like nothing else!

This afternoon I had another go at finishing my hospital bags.  I bought a couple of nighties to pack, a t-shirt to wear home (ok, it's a cheesy one from a sale that says baby love on it!) I think I'll get a pair of joggers for comfort sake too rather than jeans, and I found a giant cheap t-shirt to give birth in that I won't mind being incinerated afterwards.  Oh, and giant pants too.  I've read I can expect a bump of approximately 5 months size so I figure size 16 pants ought to do it.

So all I need now are trousers, flip flops, a nursing bra and some snacks and juice cartons.  All pretty much sorted at week 32, not too bad going!  I was showing Steve how I've packed the baby bag with labelled outfits inside as we've said he should dress the baby.  

I do feel rather on tenterhooks thinking about it all.  I've planned as much as I can, and waiting on mother nature will make me anxious!  I guess with a cesarean you get given a date and can work to that.  Well, I'll just try to relax and not worry and just be glad when it happens, I'll be ready for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment