Thursday 24 February 2011

Too Much

After work today it was beautiful.  The sun was shining, the sky was blue, it was warm and it was a day for fun with the dog!  So off Steve and I went to 'The Meadows' which is a nearby stretch of common which runs alongside the River Sow (I think it's the sow!).  I could have done with a nap really but Izzy's needs were more pressing.

Izzy hadn't been out much today due to us both being out at work and busy so was very pleased to have her freedom and as we walked along slowly for me to keep up she ran rings around us and just kept running for the fun of it!  She chased birds and even did a huge belly flop into the river to say hello to some ducks.

But, I'd sort of exhausted myself on the way, and the return journey was really hard.  I had to keep stopping and bending over to hang on Steve's arms to try and alleviate the ache in my back.  We made it home again but I'll be in bed soon, and likely paying for the exercise tomorrow!  Izzy thought it was worth it though.  Her doggy smiling face is so happy!!  I can't wait till we can carry the baby in a sling and take it in turns with the weight rather than it all be on me!!  It's like when I did my Duke of Edinburgh's award except the weight is on my front rather than my back!!  I think for my Gold level, the bag was around 3 stones and I imagine that's about what I've put on now.  (Still haven't checked for sure!)

Tomorrow is the end of my penultimate week.  It's been horribly busy but I've tried to keep calm and just do what I can when I can.  I've been working methodologically and got through it.  I'm not behind, and I've emptied my desk of personal belongings already, the thought of walking out with a box on my last day is too depressing!  Maternity leave here I come!  Just one more week....

No comments:

Post a Comment