Friday 11 February 2011

Cramping

On Tuesday night I was woken up about 4am with what I can only describe as a 'blobby' pain in my right calf.  It was very intense and I cried out but only managed to get sympathy from the dog as husband  slept through it, and it eased off and I was able to go back to sleep.  I presumed that it was a bit of cramp and thought nothing more of it.

Last night however, my word.  I was woken at the same time with intense pain in both legs that wouldn't go away.  Again I awoke with crying, my pillow had mascara on it!!  I managed to wake Steve up for about 3 seconds and he was no help at all and I didn't know what to do to make it go away!

Is that my pain threshold crossed?  Is that my limit?!  Never really having had cramp before I'm a bit of a novice, but have read that bananas can help and massage and it's due to the extra blood racing round my veins. 

The joy and fun of pregnancy never ends does it?!  A girl at work had the same thing and said she used the pain to practice her breathing technique to bear it!!  I never even thought of putting my nighttime leg cramps to good use, whether I'd think of that in the midst of it I may found out tonight!!

So after a brief toilet visit and climb of the stairs I was able to go back to sleep but all day my legs have felt swollen and throbbing, sort of how they've been feeling at the end of day at work, but to set off to work with them like that has been a pain (literally!  boom boom!)

I do feel I'm developing a waddle now because of it.  Not limping persay, but just staggering round a bit more than I did three days ago.

But it's Friday so on a positive note I have just the three more weeks of work.  Three more long, arduous, stressful weeks of work.  At least it'll help the time go quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment