Monday 10 January 2011

MAT1b

I have just posted off my formal notification of maternity leave with a letter and my form from the midwife!  It's now all official!

This is what I said in my letter:

Personnel

Work Address
10th January 2011

Dear Sirs,

Re: Formal notice of pregnancy – Me –

I am writing to formally notify you of my pregnancy and my intentions for maternity leave.

Employee Id – *****

My expected due date is: 10th April 2011

I intend to start my maternity leave on Monday 28th March 2011– this will be immediately preceded by 3 weeks holiday entitlement meaning I anticipate finishing work on Friday 4th March 2011.

It is my intention to return to work during January 2012 on a full time basis.

I enclose my Mat1B form for your records, retaining a copy for myself after meeting with my midwife on the 29th December 2010.

I would be grateful if you could arrange for me to have a meeting where I can be briefed on the impact to my salary during maternity leave and the potential restructuring of our jobs.

I would also like more information about the ‘Keep In Touch’ days that are mentioned on the government website as I feel these may be beneficial to ease my transition back into work during the latter part of my maternity leave.

Yours faithfully,

Kate

 
Woo Hoo!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment