Sunday 23 January 2011

29 Weeks

How far along: 29 Weeks.

Total Weight Gained:  I'm certainly feeing heavier this week.  When I walk I feel as though I'm 'plodding' rather than looking at all graceful.  Of course that could be to with the fact that about 65% of my time I'm walking to the loo as baby is on my bladder!!  Most weird and uncomfortable!

Maternity Clothes: Overbump are preferable, I find anything under bumpy can dig in a bit and I'm concious of draughts and a lack of support so have to add a bump band.

Stretch Marks: My under bump tummy marks seem to be slightly  more this week.  It's hard to see as they're below my tummy button and I have to try and bend backwards in the mirror to check them out and I'm not very bendy these days, but rather than long 'stripes' that I was expecting, they're just little short tadpoles.  If they stay underneath it won't be too bad.  I'll be cross at them if they try coming on up over the bump but I am resigned to the fact they probably will from what my cousin due in Feb has said about hers - hereditary and all :( 

Sleep:  I have been up for a couple of hours at around 4am this week leaving me pretty shattered for work!!  One night I was starving and got up to eat two weetabix.  Then being hungry ate a third!!  I never eat three weetabix, especially at that time.  I guess that could be a growth spurt occuring.

Best Moment of the Week:  We put the cot together yesterday and I added the changing part to the shelf so the nursery is all finished and ready for baby.  My Guide unit asked me back to give me a present, and there was a HUGE box all beautifully wrapped with a very posh baby bath inside and all the guides had brought things to make it a hamper as well.  I'm well stocked for wipes, bath wash and socks!!  Seriously, I was very touched. I've been a Guider for almost 15 years and it's strange to think I'm not at the moment.  But it's nice to rest on Friday nights rather than go out to be honest!!

We also had our 28 week appointment and it was good to hear all is well and progressing nicely, with a strong heartbeat.

Movement:  He's certainly gone more squirmy, I don't get as many kicky or jabby pokes, but last night in bed there was a squirm and push and something hard and pointy came out of my stomach on the right side!!  I rubbed it gently and it went back in again but it could have been an elbow I guess?!  I have no idea which way up he is and what poky part is what limb.  That was a first!!

Food Cravings:  I've just eaten loads of cereal.  In my head it's a good thing, as I tend to eat plainer, wheaty ones anyway (low fat!) and I'm trying to keep my fibre intake up to avoid unneccessary issues (if you know what I mean) and so far I'm pleased to report it's fine!!  So Crunchy Bran, Shreddies and Weetabix are my practical cereals and I always eat a bowl for breakfast and before bed, and I may treat myself with Rice Krispies (no sugar) or Special K Red Berries as a second bowl if still hungry.

Gender: He's a baby BOY!!!

Belly Button:  Still in but very stretched although it could now be described as almost flat?!
What I miss: Turning over in bed.  It's becoming such an effort I'm breathless!  Being able to pick things up off the floor.  Being able to walk our exuberant puppy dog.

Milestones: 29 weeks.  Wow.  One week until 30 weeks and then 5 weeks left of work.  It's all getting very close now.  I guess I'd say a milestone could be the elbow thing.  That was very new.  But strangely - and it surprises me to say it, I want it to happen again!

No comments:

Post a Comment