Wednesday 10 August 2011

Dreams

When I first brought Joel home from the hospital and he was next to my bed in his Moses basket, I'd keep waking up panicking that he was in bed with me and I was squishing him, or leaning on him.  It would always turn out to be a corner of duvet, or a bit of pillow, but for a few panic full seconds, I'd be sure I'd drifted off to sleep whilst feeding and done something dreadful.  But I'd always have put him back in his cot and sure enough, he was always there sleeping peacefully!

Anyway, it all eased when he went to his own room and cot, but I've been dreaming again that he's in bed with us!  I don't know whether it's because for the two weeks of holiday he was in our room in a travel cot or not, but I keep waking Steve up by yelling - 'the baby' and thinking I've rolled onto him in the night.

Most strange.  The brain is an odd thing.

Mind you, the first nights in our own beds after the holidays I was so tired I pretty much zonked out and forgot I had a baby!  I was very surprised to hear a cry at 4.30 in the morning and it took a couple of minutes to realise that was my cue to go and feed him! 


No comments:

Post a Comment