Friday 7 January 2011

What I Did Last Night

And, if I'm being honest, the night before, and the night before that!!!

As our nursery is now all painted and ready for furniture (minus the remaining bits that need to go into the shed once the weather/Steve is better) I find myself sitting in there, thinking about having a real live baby in a cot!!

I've also been looking at lists, and ticking off bits that I've got and seeing what else I need to get.  On the Babycentre website I've downloaded a couple of handy lists, things like 'essentials to have' and 'what to pack in a hopsital bag' - here if you're interested!

Pretty much the baby bag is sorted, last night I got some sandwich bags and labelled a few baby gros with 'newborn' and '0-3 months' as I've read having a couple of sizes is handy in case he's either 6lbs or 10lbs.  I've put a little going home outfit with a fleecy dungarees and a top in, and a couple of his knitted cardigans and hats and booties in.

My bag has pj's and other little bits but I'll need to add a birthing t-shirt/nightie and some travel sized shampoo that I couldn't find in the supermarket.

I'm quite glad to say that on the whole, I'm pretty much sorted, bar the furniture.  My parents have said they'll bring the cot from my sisters this weekend so we can set that up.  Dunelm have emailed to say they have a backlog of internet orders so my curtains are held up but on their way, and with the bags ready and the room painted it's all exciting at the moment.

I can't wait to have it done and take photos to reveal to everyone. 

Other than that I still need scratch mittens, a baby bath (possibly coming from Sarah?!  We'll see) and I'm debating whether to invest in an electric breast pump whilst they're half price from Mothercare/Boots as I'd rather spend £40 than £80 and I do intend to be able to express so Steve can bottle feed if needed.

I don't want to buy tons of baby gros etc.. as I'm sure we'll be inundated when he's born, so I've got three newborn ones and some 1 month ones and then 0-3 month ones and can always get more if needed at the time.  They're so cute and tiny though.  I was just folding them and looking at them last night.  I don't know if the short arm and leg ones count as vests rather than babygros though as I have lots of vests and less babygros but it's outfits we'll be needing to go on top I guess.

Other than that I've lots of wipes, sudocream, nappies (size 1) maternity towels, sponges and bath wash and shampoo stuff.  I got a cuddle towel robe, and it's all neatly stacked away on shelves waiting to be organised properly into baby furniture. 

Waiting.....waiting..... waiting.......

No comments:

Post a Comment