Friday 10 February 2012

Cough Cough

Joel has had a bit of a cold and a cough for over a week now.  I can't remember when it began exactly, I just know he missed the previous week's mums and toddlers with it, and bounce and rhyme but seemed better this week and went to his groups again.

After his nursery visit yesterday they commented that he had been coughing a lot after his lunch and on getting him home, his cough seemed a lot worse than it had been previously.

He went to bed ok, after milk and calpol, and before I went to bed I lifted him for a bottle and another calpol dose (having not put the cap on properly last time, as I shook the bottle vigorously it emptied half the bottle over me, in my hair, down my pyjamas and dripped onto the floor).

Steve came in to help me and we got his dose down him and put him back to bed whilst I had to go and shower all the nasty red sticky stuff off then when I went up to bed he was coughing again, very violently, and I picked him up, and he was sick on my shoulder (and clean pyjamas too!)

It took lots of cuddles and rocking to get him back to sleep again and he didn't seem to be coughing in his sleep, but this morning it's back and it's raspy and barking.  I don't want to think of the words croup or whooping cough yet but the Dr we saw last time about it (it's just viral pharyngitus and we can't do anything) did say to bring him back if it got worse and in my mind this is worse so we're going back to see him again.

1 comment: