Tuesday 18 January 2011

Maternity Planning

I go on maternity leave as of the 4th March.  That is seven weeks away.  I'm sure I'll get bored, so I'm trying to think of things to occupy my time.  So far these are my thoughts:

  • Wash and prepare clothes and nappies (NB must purchase nappies!!)
  • Cook meals to freeze for a few weeks - you know, stuff like lasagnes, shepherds pie, chilli and bolognaise.  All very beefy but convenient.
  • Buy a month's pass to the local swimming pool to bob around at quiet times.   This activity does require adequate swimwear and thus today I have ordered a swimsuit!!  I think maternity swimwear will make me look very dumpy so I shall parade it with trepidation but this is it below:
  • I shall invite people round for lunch and afternoon tea on occasion.   And ensure that I go to visit my great Aunty Joan who I've not seen for ages as she was poorly at Christmas and being at work when Mum goes round is a pain.  I must write her a note to say hello.
  • Sleep and put my feet up and maybe try to read a book a day.
Mind you, I'm struggling at work walking around, needing the toilet a lot, general tiredness so maybe I won't find being off such a chore.

All in all, I'm quite determined to not become a day time tv watcher.  Jeremy Kyle, Lorraine, Loose Women, I can't bear watching them at any point and if Steve catches me channel hopping, he's to tell me off and change the channel.  I shall however indulge in Greys Anatomy and other TV boxsets I need to catch up on.  I'm still only on 24 season 5 so have a few more to go there too.

So hopefully I'll be entertained enough for the five weeks before my due date (provided the little man doesn't come early) and on the 9th April I have a wedding to go to, but in Stafford and our bags will be in the boot in case of any labour movements!!  I know it's cutting it close, but I'll be desperate for some company by then I'm sure!  It's my boss getting married so it'd be nice to see all the work folk after so long away.

It's all getting very very close now.  I shall count down every Monday how many weeks left I have of work to go.  And try to ignore the feeling of worry in my stomach!  It's all change ahead.

A little update from yesterday, I got the changing table part for the shelving unit.  I just need a changing mat now.  And after speaking to customer services they're sending me all the bolts needed for the cot.... for free!! I was really surprised as I asked how much to pay and was told nothing.  Bargain.  And to think I was on the verge of just buying a matching Henvsik cot!  Of course, if the bolts don't fit that could be the Universe telling me to get the matching cot regardless!  Heh heh!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment