Friday 21 January 2011

Blood Letting

Off I went to the hospital bright and early for my phlobotomist visit.  I was a little anxious but tried to stay relaxed, have an empty bladder, but be fully hydrated which apparently helps your veins.

The phlobotomist called me in, and I explained the Doctor's surgery hadn't had much luck with me and said I had difficult veins, and she scoffed, and just did it.  It was very quick, it did pinch and hurt but she got two bottles.

More importantly, I didn't have time to feel emotional and cry!  So I'm improving.

Unfortunately, she asked for my hemoglobin form, and I'd given her all the midwife had passed onto me, and it seems my iron levels may not get checked.  So with my next maternity appointment in three weeks time I'm forseeing that I may have to go back again for another one.

I guess it's good practise for me though.  I couldn't be a phlobotomist though.  Imagine doing that all day long!

No comments:

Post a Comment