Thursday 7 April 2011

Tick Tock

I didn't get back to sleep at 6.30.  Instead I finished reading Gone With The Wind, then had a bath and cleaned the kitchen.  Then I went back to bed to just 'rest' and suddenly it was midday and I was having a funny dream where i could hear 'The Entertainer' and was being asked a quiz question about the song when I realised it was my mobile phone and I woke up suddenly.  The house phone then began to ring and I rushed to get it thinking it must be urgent, but it was just Steve to say he was finishing up in Birmingham and was on his way back.

I took Izzy out for a bit of a stroll thinking a walk could help the baby loosen down, and put her halti collar on her.  She took it well and didn't try to remove it at all and trotted by my side.  You could tell that she wanted a bit more but I couldn't cope with letting her run free so she had to wait for Steve to take her out.

This afternoon the sun shone again so we sat in the garden reading a new book about Rome.  I ordered a few new books to read from Amazon and the box arrived yesterday.  The pigs were on the lawn, Izzy was basking and it was lovely.

In fact, I just can't get over how quickly these five weeks have gone.  I'm trying to think what I've done with my time!  I've watched a few films, Lord of the Rings, Marley and Me, Date Night, The Hangover, 10 Things I Hate About You and Steel Magnolias.  I've watched lots of Grey's Anatomy, The Tudors and Come Dine With Me.  I've not got into daytime tv at all which pleases me.

I've read quite a few books - Breaking Dawn, Coming Home, Gone With The Wind, Minus 9 to 1, The Goblet of Fire.

I've spent time in the garden and sorting the nursery and baby clothes.  I've mooched round town and taken a bath most days. 

And that is about it.  And I've really enjoyed the time!!  As long as baby stays put for two more days so I can attend Tracy's wedding I'll be quite happy!  The thought of going heavily over is a bit daunting, but I'm still hopeful for a due date arrival!

I'm not getting pains exactly but the pressure down there is certainly intensifying and baby feels lower than ever.  At night I'm getting terrible nausea as well, no actual sickness but nauseating burps which is rather horrid.  I shall keep looking for other signs!  I wonder what will come first, pains, a show or waters....

No comments:

Post a Comment