Monday 4 April 2011

09.00am - TMI warning....

Urgh.  Woke up earlier and had some cereal and a cup of tea and my head felt really, really full of cold symptoms.

I really hope no one is eating at this precise moment and reading as this may gross you out completely.

I had to go and blow my nose and I went to the bathroom, and blew and blew and blew.  Where all the stuff was coming from I have no idea.  My head began to feel lighter!  Then, I felt something larger making it's way from what felt like my inner ear along my right sinus and down my throat.  I began to gag and retch and cough.  My eyes were watering and reached in my throat with a tissue and pulled. 

Oh my word.  I've never known anything like it.  There was even blood in it. 

I think I can safely say that I have an infection going on in a sinus somewhere as well as my throat.  In fact, I'm wondering whether the Doctor from Thursday got the medication or diagnosis right.

I know pregnant women have nasal and sinus issues and I'm wondering if mine have got out of hand.  How that would explain my loss of voice I'm not sure.  I'm still incredibly husky today!!  Yesterday Steve and I settled down to watch 'Date Night' on DVD for the afternoon which was lovely, but it made me laugh so I was wheezing away giggling at the film antics so that probably didn't help!! 

So, 39+1 weeks pregnant, no voice, sore throat and cough and now mucus issues.  (Not forgetting the pile of course, how could we!!)  Am I fed up of being pregnant?  No, not at all.  I'm worried about the effect on the baby of course, all this coughing and retching has made my tummy muscles sore, and I think I've been masking the effects of infection with paracetamol as when I don't take it, my temperature comes back and I don't want to be reliant on paracetamol for another week, that can't be good for baby.

I just want to be well so when we welcome baby into the world, I can be the best Mum I can be.  I don't want to be ill and not able to care for him properly.

So lets see if I can get an emergency appointment for this afternoon.  I have to ring after 11.00am but Steve may have to if I can't talk on the phone!  This all seems so ridiculous.  I wish I knew someone else who'd been this way the week before a due date too!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment