Wednesday 13 April 2011

First Sweep

So we went along to the midwife this morning and my blood pressure was fine, my urine was fine and I asked about having a sweep/internal so she was happy to oblige.  It was a different midwife as Tracy was on holiday and there was a student there too but to be honest, I'm at the point of not caring who does what and sees what or how it looks, they can do anything to make baby come along.

Anyhow, it wasn't good news.  Nothing is happening.  My cervix is 'unfavourable' and tight, up and back which means it's not likely anything will kick off soon!  It was uncomfortable and made me make 'ooh, ah' monkey noises when things hurt a bit.  It was done behind a screen so Steve didn't have to watch which I guess he preferred.  It wasn't as bad as the internal done at the hospital that time though.

I have another appointment on Monday at 3pm for a second sweep and then they'll discuss induction.  I do hope it won't get to that as i don't know if I can bear all the waiting and I'm so achey in the hips and pelvis the thought of another ten days is a bit upsetting.

I did shed a few tears in the car on the way home, more from just feeling fed up than anything else.

Oh, and the midwife also commented on the fact he seems a BIG baby and I'm very large out front.  She said I shouldn't have any trouble 'coughing' him out but he'll likely cause me to sweat a bit!  She was a bit more old school than Tracy and I thought she was a little lacking in sympathy!  But she did do a sweep earlier than normal for me which was nice of her.

So I'm just sitting and feeling fed up again.  Not anticipating anything for the time being...

No comments:

Post a Comment