Friday 15 April 2011

Kate in Waiting

It's Friday today and as I suspected, I slept through the night again (albeit with two toilet trips) with no pains or waters going!!  I woke up pretty early feeling rather achey again, so got up and am watching a documentary on 'Misbehaving Mums To Be'.  Rather shocking really, mum's who are pregnant, and smoking and drinking.  The drinking Mum isn't too bad, she's making an effort to listen to the midwives advice, and there was a girl who ate too many chips, (well, I'm sure we've all done that) and she's making efforts too, but the smoking girl has had a paddy and won't be filmed as she can't give up the cigarettes. 

Smoking in pregnancy is the worst thing, and she already had a 3 year old daughter who is going to be suffering the effects of the cigarettes as well.  It's so selfish and I really can't understand why any mother to be would be willing to risk the health of their baby to continue a habit that's dirty and disgusting for their own sake, never mind the baby.

Yesterday I had a productively busy afternoon and exchanged my nursing bras at Mothercare.  It seems the size 14 I got from the internet was actually about a size 10!!  No wonder they wouldn't go over my head!  So I have two larger ones that might actually fit me.

I then treated myself at Boots to some nail and manicure items as my nails were looking a bit worn from the manicure I had last week.  I now have baby pink nails that I wouldn't mind being photographed holding a baby (if he deigned to arrive any time soon!!)

Then I ended up at a car wash and got the car washed and valeted so the Izzy hair has been eradicated and it's all spotless and tidy inside and out and ready for the baby car seat.

Today Steve's family are travelling up for the Easter break and staying in a cottage nearby for two weeks.  It's a shame that baby hasn't come yet to meet them, but Steve's mum has timed the visit to coincide with a point that baby HAS to be here!!  Just when remains to be seen!

I can't believe it's Palm Sunday this weekend.  I really thought I'd have the baby out by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment