Sunday 10 April 2011

Due Date...

Ok baby.  Today is the day that the UK National Health Service have given as your 'birthday' so if you could please be so obliging I'd greatly appreciate it!

You've been in there for approximately 40 weeks, you've been full term for 37 weeks, it's  a lovely day outside, all sunny and shiny so I think it'd be a good time to make an appearance, and I'd really like my pelvis back to myself because carrying you around in it is making me feel very uncomfortable now!  I think it's only fair that your Dad gets to hold you and see how heavy you are as well soon!!

I'm very glad I made it to the wedding and all was well yesterday so you were good to hold off and I know only 5% of babies reputedly arrive on their due date but statistics are there for a reason and if you could be in the 5% I'd be very chuffed as it would mean you likely have my sense of punctuality, rather than your Dad's somewhat haphazard - just depends on how he feels sense of timing!

I've had a couple of mugs of raspberry leaf tea, whether that will do anything to get you moving south I'm not sure.  How I'll feel when I realise I'm in labour I'm not sure.  That's all a bit scary at the moment and having ignored the logistics for 9 months thinking that the waiting is almost over is daunting to say the least. 

If you don't show up today, or the next couple of days, I have a midwives appointment on Wednesday, (40+3) and then if you still don't show up, it'll be a case of induction a week on Wednesday.  I'd prefer it if that didn't have to happen, there's a lot of extra prodding, and waiting around in hospitals and I'd like for us to stay at home for as long as possible.

So baby, how's abouts a sign or two that you're on your way?!!  I think you'll like it out here once you make it, everything is ready for you now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment