Wednesday 1 December 2010

Back to the doctors again – TMI!!

The past couple of weeks (as I may have already mentioned) I’ve suffered with a bit of irritation ‘down below’ and the night before last it got so bad I was woken up by it. I won’t go into too much detail, suffice it to say it’s not pleasant. At all. Ouch.

Frankly, I was worried I’d developed varicose veins there as again I’d been reading symptoms online (I mustn’t do it anymore, it’s not helpful!) and had read it normally happens in about 4% of pregnant women around their 30-40 weeks. Well, I could be a tiny minority who gets it early I thought!!

Anyhow, I decided to see if it was just me and posted on the Babycentre forum and thankfully had three replies to say they’d got the same symptoms and they’d been treated for thrush! Like me, this wasn’t like the previous bouts of thrush suffered, so they’d also wondered what it could be and were glad to see my comments.

Phew. I guess the internet can be helpful from time to time.

So the moral of the story is, go and see a doctor. Which I’m doing tomorrow afternoon at 3.30. I’m hoping I don’t have to show anything. It’s too cold and the only appointment I could get was with a Doctor who also sometimes preaches at our church! Which made my mum laugh when I told her; I doubt he’d know who I was, but still. I think it’d be weird.

I just want to get some Canesten cream to alleviate things and let me sleep in peace again!! And for free!! With my maternity card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment