Friday 25 March 2011

Cankles and Snoring

After a night being horizontal my ankles used to sort of go back down after a day sitting in an office chair.  I now seem to be at the point of no return where I truly don't recognise my feet at present :(  They are puffy looking and go straight down from my calves to my feet without the going in part (of which I used to be proud - that'll teach me).

In fact my calves look a bit puffy as well.

It does seem all a bit much after you consider the sleepless nights, the aches and pains and the extra weight which is the medicine ball of a bump, the puffy ankles are the cherry on the icing on cake!  Nature sure ensured that women bore the brunt of it all.  I cannot imagine a man enduring this as well as women do.  At all!!

Also, this morning I woke up with a sore throat and a suspicion that I'd snored last night!  I'd had some weird dreams where I was sat around a table with folks from church and struggled to talk as when I tried to engage in conversation, all I could do was to grunt like a pig which made it difficult to be understood!!  I've asked Steve and he said yes, I was snoring away last night.  How awful.  I've always been quite a quiet sleeper (or so I've been told) but the fact I was having bizarre dreams and all, I guess I have to accept it.

I know it's another weird pregnancy thing, something to do with your nasal passages getting more congested (why or how I have no idea, another random issue) but I think I'm hindering poor Steve's sleep more often than not now.  Maybe I should tell him to sleep in the spare bed if he wants to.  I like having him around but I guess that's selfish of me really and it would only be for a couple of weeks.  We'll see.  If it's going to be snoring city, and flailing around trying to turn over, and getting up a couple of times a night, I wouldn't like it the other way around.

No comments:

Post a Comment