Sunday 28 November 2010

21 Weeks - and the announcement........

How far along: 21 Weeks.

Total Weight Gained:  Probably some or a lot by now.  Nothing terrible though.  I don't think I look huge, although that's not really a good answer is it?!

Maternity Clothes:  I can still get away with some tops and jumpers, but on the whole. yep, the down belows are now maternity, just because the base of the zips in my old trousers sort of dig into the base of my bump which now stands proud quite a bit and was uncomfortable!!!

Stretch Marks: Still none, I'm not putting it down to the Palmers, just my families genes!  The Palmers does help the itching though.  I'm only using it every other day though as it really smells chocolatey!!  And I forget otherwise!  I've never been good at daily stuff.

Sleep: Aside from the cold, not too bad.  I've not had to get up before 6am for the loo so woo hoo.
 
Best Moment of the Week:  Seeing our little one on the screen for the last time before meeting them in person.  And yes, keeping the gender a little secret between Steve and me.  That's been quite nice really, I'm glad we have.  It's made it pretty special. 

Movement:  Yes, it's wriggly in there.  I got quite a kick yesterday morning which I'm sure had Steve had his hand on, he'd have felt.  He's not felt it yet, he's always a bit late and then baby stops when his hand is there :(

Food Cravings:  Not really anything particular.  We had a wonderful Indian meal out to celebrate on Friday and that was lovely.  And I'm still into porridge in a big way.  With lots of sugar, milk and topped with Rice Crispies.

Gender: Ok, the BIG announcement.  Ladies and Gentlemen, we are having............drum roll..........     a baby BOY!!! 

Steve is very chuffed as he was expecting a girl, not that he didn't want a girl, but I guess he's one of those guys who likes to know he has a son.  He's already talking about Lilac Films and Son and handing his company over on retirement!  I reminded him a girl could easily run it too.  I have to be honest, I'm very glad we're having a healthy baby, but I didn't know what to expect either way, I just knew girls things were prettier, and I always skim over boys clothes in catalogues and look at the pretty frilly dresses and such.  But then I am a girl!!  I'm glad I've found out.  And we've had the time to absorb it ourselves.

And not that I'm disappointed, that would be most awful of me, I just know that I want a girl too at some point!!  Then I found some adorable boy outfits in the Mama and Papa shop that I may have to buy on Sunday, little shirts and tank tops which Steve thought were too 'public school  boy' but if I'm having a boy, he's going to be stylish!!  And know to hold a door open for a girl and be nice.  And not too boisterous.

I guess I was more worried about how Steve would be with a boy than anything else, as he's terrible for teasing me and winding me up about how he'll show him films before he's of age, and get him to do naughty things, the way he used to.  I don't see that boys are inherently naughty, as Steve seems to think.  It'll be down to me to teach both of them at the same time!!  Father and Son.  It's so strange to think there's a boy in there.  With a tiny winky.  (sorry, I'm not very good at the proper words!)

Oh, and we'd settled on a girl's name, but not a boys name so we're now back to the drawing board and commencing heated discussions.  Steve still won't accept what I want, and I guess as the father he has a say, so I'm having to put that one aside for now.  I think once we've decided, it'll make things more real as well.  We can introduce him.  Or keep that a secret too.  Something tells me it won't be decided until we meet him for real.  I'm so pleased though, Steve is so happy.  He's planning to teach him to love Thomas the Tank Engine and trains and sports.  I said he'll have to learn a musical instrument too and maybe take up dance.  Steve said no to that one!!!

Belly Button: Not too much change from last week. 

What I miss:  I'm not sure this week.  Aside from Christmas drinks, I guess slim ankles!!!  My socks are digging in and after a day of work, my ankles have swollen :(  At least they're under trousers so don't look too puffy.  And I'm going to miss looking forward to a next scan.  It's ages to go now till we see him again, 19 weeks!!

What I'm looking forward to:  I'm still waiting for external kicks, and the next appointment is on the 28th December with the midwife.  We get to sign up for the last lot of health in pregnancy grants which will be a very handy £190.  I'm thinking cloth nappies and nursery stuff.

Milestones: Well, over half way through, and the gender known.  That's quite a milestone.  I guess that puts me in the fifth month and 19 weeks to go!!

3 comments:

  1. So even though I'm family I have to find out from your blog? ;)

    Nick 'forgot' to tell me the news! Why do men not see these things as important?!

    Congratulations! I guess it means you'll be able to get some gender specific hand me downs from Theo and Isaac? That'll be handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick: Girls want to have make up or cath kidston parties and that's no fun, with a boy you get to wrestle and play playstation games with them!

    Me: but isn't the most important thing actually that you have a healthy baby?

    Nick: Hm. That's why we shouldn't have kids yet.

    I don't think Nick understands the difference between a baby and a mini friend yet! Good job he won't be a dad himself for a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, in that Nick obviously doesn't realise the importance of such matters I'd be inclined to agree. Can't believe he forgot to tell you!!

    Unfortunately, Steve is likely of the same mind and about to be a Dad so I feel almost as though I'll have two children!!

    Steve: but why can't we watch Terminator with the baby?

    Me: because he's a baby. No 18 films until he's at least 18.

    Steve: What about playstation.

    Me: no, ELC educational toys and NO guns.

    It's going to be a picnic!!

    ReplyDelete