Sunday 25 December 2011

Christmas Day :)

Well, after last night I have to say today went so splendidly!!  I was really chuffed with it all!  All my preperation seemed to pay off as I was able to be relaxed and sit and chat and drink prosecco, serve up a five course meal and not have any major disasters!  Hurray!



I didn't get to church.  Joel was up in the night again so I was tired and we slept in till after eight this morning.  We opened some presents in bed as a family and Joel really loved his Fisher Price push and go choo choo train, especially the giraffe!  He seems to really rather like giraffes!  I had a lovely eternity ring!!  Steve does take hints!!







Then he went for a nap whilst I dressed the turkey with a bacon lattice and stuffed it.  All the veggies were prepped yesterday so just needed cooking or reheating, and starters were on the table for 2.30.  As I was pregnant this time last year I should have remembered that my sister wouldn't be eating smoked salmon so I did her and Karl eggs mayonnaise!!  A bit of an 80's classic but they liked it!

Then we had our turkey (Lidl special and jolly nice to be honest) stuffing, bread sauce, sprouts, roasted parsnips and carrots, braised red cabbage, sausage and bacon wraps, and roast potatos!

My parents really appreciated being looked after and on arrival had two glasses of prosseco each!  After sherry at their's before coming down, so they were very merry and enjoyed a game of buzz on the PS3!  It was lovely hearing all the laughter whilst I was sorting the gravy and Amy and Karl arrived in time to join in and it was a lovely relaxed day.

Joel was again asleep, tired out from opening two presents from mum and dad!  He got a bit overwhelmed with it all, and was much happier after a big nap and then joined us for a bit of turkey (got an 'Mmmm' from him) and some sprouts (bleurgh!!)





After the pudding we skyped my sister in Wales which was fun as my parents haven't skyped before, and then Steve, Joel and I skyped Barnstaple to say Merry Christmas to the Cranstons down there.  We're travelling tomorrow to stay for four days.

I feel so lucky to have had such a great day and Steve and I worked together today and it all came out brilliantly!!  I think the fact I could relax knowing the hard work was done!

Merry Christmas everybody!!  Here's hoping your day has been as wonderful!!

No comments:

Post a Comment