Thursday 29 December 2011

Photo Opps

I know I have a husband who will take gorgeous photos of Joel and I have some beautiful pics about the house that Steve took.

But he does tend to stick to the arty type ones which are close ups or wide shots depending on the lens that he has on the camera.

So when I asked him to take a picture of the Christmas dinner table, with all the family around, Joel in his high chair, the food all laid out (in my lovely wedding dishes that don't come out all that often to be honest) including the turkey as the main element, I was expecting a lovely, warm picture of everyone about to tuck into their Christmas dinner, the first that I've ever hosted myself.

Steve passed me my usb stick with 3 pictures on and I excitedly opened them.  To find:

No smiling faces, no baby eating his first dinner.  Just the turkey with the uncarved side.  Oh well, I shall have to use my memory of us all sitting down to eat together!  That's the downside with hosting, you're too busy to do everything and in previous years I've taken the group shot at the table.  Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment