Thursday 12 May 2011

What To Wear...

Is a question that was driving me crazy every morning....

My old clothes don't fit.  :(

My maternity clothes are now too big :(

My wardrobe was quite, quite bare.

I now have giant boobs and a rounded tum, and with my legs back to normal I look like an apple on little sticks!!  But being able to dress nicely would help my mood of a morning, and I was a bit down about wearing Sarah's old jogging bottoms and the same top pretty much day in day out for the past week.

So an emergency shop was scheduled and having fed and settled Joel (on the changing mat on the dining table of all places - he likes it - honest!) Mum and I made a mad dash for the New Look store (as it's cheap and cheerful).  (Please don't judge me for leaving Joel, I felt awful but trust my Dad implicitly!!)

I ran in, grabbed a maxi skirt, three tops and four cheap vests and decided it was worth trying on a 14 and a 16 for the skirt (the 16 won 'sad face') and paid and we were home again within half an hour and he was still fast asleep on the dining table.  (Joel that is, not my Dad!!)

I went and had a nap as well as was weary and then changed into a top, vest and the skirt for dinner and felt so much better.

Yes, so I won't be back in my size 12 jeans anytime soon but I was expecting that.  I just needed something nice to wear in a larger size that made me feel better about myself.

And then Steve came round for dinner (he's always had strange names for my clothes, a pink striped dress he said I looked like a lollipop and a colourful dress was my parrot dress!) and he complimented me on looking beautiful in my 'old timey outfit'!!!  Oh well, I'm sure he does mean these things as compliments somehow!!

I'm just looking forward to building up my fitness again once I'm signed off after 6 weeks at the doctors and can start a bit of an exercise regime!  Well, walking with the pram every day at least!  Diets I've never really bothered with and won't likely be able to keep up as I enjoy food too much, but I enjoy food in moderation which is the healthy way to do so!!

So for now I'm a 16 but give me time and I'll work the extra pounds off a sensible way.  I've already lost 2 stones from my pregancy weight (granted that's mainly baby, water and placenta etc.... but it's all good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment