Thursday 5 May 2011

The Naked Truth

One's body is not what it used to be!!

The day I went for that first shower in hospital I was rather shocked at the jelly like stomach complete with overhang which actually has to be lifted up and cleaned underneath!  :(  It also has to be carefully dried else will smell bad!  (the midwife used the phrase 'offensive' but she meant stinky.

The stretchmarks are puckered and although I can't see underneath without lifting it (which I'm avoiding as it feels weird) to touch it makes me think of Jabba the Hutt.  Saying that, it's going down every day and my tummy button is slowly sinking inwards again so breastfeeding is working wonders there.

The boobs are massive, heavy and require some good scaffolding so I've bought two decent bras from Bravissimo which are doing a good job.

My ankles are back to normal, it took two weeks after the birth and they kept going up and down like yo-yo's in the meantime.

Clothes don't fit, maternity trousers are literally falling off me so joggers it is and I've never been a joggers person.  And I have no tops to go with joggers, or to fit my giant boobs into so every morning is a dilema at the moment with a baby needing me and me dithering about what to wear!  

So wasn't prepared for any of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment