Sunday 22 May 2011

Out and About

Today was a day for firsts.  Steve, Joel and I made it to Church and stayed for the whole service and communion although I was so overtired I felt very weepy and Joel, Wendy and I headed off in the last hymn so as to avoid all the folk afterwards as I wasn't feeling quite up to that level of integration.  I hope they all understood that.

I really enjoyed seeing my friends and being able to sing worship and feel that I'd made it out even if for a little while.  Worship does cheer one up!  and the team were very good today.

Joel was impeccable, and slept throughout the worship, had a little cry for a feed, did a big poop and then dozed off again and slept until the end.  

Afterwards we went for lunch with the Cranstons to a local carvery.  Having left Church and walked to my parents to meet up after the service had ended Joel conveniently fed his fill so we decided to try taking him with us for a meal, and to his credit he stayed asleep throughout the meal until the last knife and fork had been put down!  The Cranston's then took Izzy for a walk whereupon she fell in the canal, (stinky wet), and I fed Joel again in the car as he was due for another.

And we made it home without any issues or complaints!!

Another challenge successfully done!

His eyes have gone really blue today, pale like mine which is lovely!!  Sorry Steve!  And his hair still seems more fair than yesterday!!

He was a lot happier today and having pooped at 7am, 11am and 5pm seems more settled so we'll have to see whether he seeps easier tonight or not.  Another 3am start would be my undoing I'm sure!!

No comments:

Post a Comment