Thursday 29 September 2011

Just stuff......

I just thought I'd write a bit of a general post about general things I may not have mentioned so far!  I seem to get sidetracked by the cute photo's and miss out on the important facts etc... so as he's coming up to 24 weeks next week I thought I'd rectify that.

Ok, stuff to note:

On the 20th April 2011 the number one single in the UK was Beautiful People by Chris Brown.
David Cameron was the prime minister and leader of the Conservative party.
Petrol (unleaded) was about £1.30 a litre.
A first class stamp went up to 46p earlier that month, the highest increase since 1st class post began!!  (In 1968 in case you were wondering!)
The weather that week was unseasonally warm making it the warmest April on record with temperatures in the early 20's all over the country!  I vaguely recall feeling the heat being 10 days overdue, and seeing bright sunshine coming in through the windows of my hospital room!!

I may edit this post once I've decided on other things that should be important enough to 'note'!!  I'll have to check my dad's diary he wrote when I was born as he put all these sorts of things in it which makes entertaining reading 32 years later!!

Ok, Joel.  Lets talk about him for a little while!!

He is doing so well it's adorable!!  He is laughing now, deep gusty chuckles and what's more fabulous is that we laugh all day long!  If he's lying down I go 'nom nom nom' on his tummy and he finds it hilarious!!  If I'm holding him I go 'nom nom nom' behind his ear and he finds that hilarious too!  Even if he's just playing in his jumperoo he finds that funny enough to laugh as well!  I find myself laughing along with him, as his enjoyment of the world is at such an innocent stage and he's just so cute and gorgeous and life is brilliant!  I find myself wanting to protect him forever and keep him in this unblemished state where he is petted and played with, fed and watered, put down for naps and entertained!

He ate a huge bowl of lunch today, and porridge for breakfast too!  In fact, he loves his porridge so much that he won't have a feed from me before hand.  His face lights up as I bring his bowl through, and he laughs and kicks with excitement at the milky stuff going into his mouth!  He then deigns to have a mummy feed about an hour afterwards once he's a bit tired again and wants cuddles as well.

His lunch today was a cube of butternut squash  mixed with a cube of apple and considering these two didn't seem to thrill him last time, together it was a different story.  Today, they were yummy and he cleared his bowl again!

Yesterday we went to Bounce and Rhyme at the library again and afterwards went with two other mums and their baby boys to the park where we fed the ducks and swans and had a bit of a picnic in the park which was lovely.




Today Grandma called round for a cup of tea in the morning and we stayed in as it was so hot outside, but at three o'clock decided to go for some fresh air and went walking round and about for over an hour.  Needless to say we were rather pink on our return.  At least Joel got to stay shaded in his buggy.

Having had a panic about what he should wear as he's now in 6-9 sizes and his 3-6 tops are a bit tight around his middle I remembered a 6-9 romper suit he was given that I didn't think would get worn as obviously it should be cooler by  now being the end of September, but out it came and the bonus was a matching hat!!  he looked so lovely in it, and he kept it clean enough to wear again tomorrow I think!


Sleeping, erm, this hasn't been going so well.  The solids haven't meant he's going through the night again.  He seems to wake hungry any time between 9-11pm which isn't too bad, but then 3am and sometimes 5am.  This has meant I've been feeling pretty drained these past couple of weeks.  I do wonder whether it's habit and last night tried to ignore him when I could hear noises telling myself that he wasn't crying, just murmering and he did go off to sleep again so I shall try that again tonight.  trouble is I have to get up to go to the bathroom having been woken and that tends to wake him properly and then I just feed him to get him back to sleep again which probably isn't helping matters.

Other than that my only other blogginess is that I think I'd like to take him swimming again tomorrow.  I doubt Steve will be able to come so it'll be the challenge of whether I can do it all on my own!  Getting in and out and changed etc....  There's only one way to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment