Monday 5 September 2011

Water Baby

We've been wanting to take Joel swimming for a long time and having got him some baby trunks and swimming nappies, and Steve was free for an hour and all the planets were aligned so off we went!!

£4 each Steve and I had to pay which seems rather extortinate in my view, since I was only in for 15 minutes and that allowed us both into the little baby pool.

Humpf.  Anyway, we got him into his trunks and he looked most cute indeed:


The nappies confused us as they had side fastenings not tabs but we worked it out and off we went to the pool. 

I don't know how parents do this bit on their own as our pool only has a ladder to get in one end, so Steve got in first and I passed Joel to him and bobbed him about a bit and it was so cute, as he was kicking away as though he thought he could swim properly!!

He was great for over 10 minutes, then he looked a bit more grizzly so I went to get the bags in a changing room and when I came back for him he was crying, but he'd done so well.  He wasn't sure about it to start with but with me and Steve there I think that helped him realise it was all ok.

So we've done our first swim and I shall try to take him weekly now I think.  On my own or not is another matter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment