Tuesday 20 September 2011

Apple

Well, I really thought apple would be a big hit, but again, he wasn't as excited as the carrot day!

I steamed and pureed 8 gala apples which then only made about 6 cubes (I don't know where it all went) and it was a bit thick in texture as you'll see in this video:


so after this, I added more milk to smooth it out a bit and he took more, and seemed to like the taste, but I think it was still a different texture to what he liked on Sunday?  He still wanted to suck his thumb after each mouthful which meant he was all sticky and his sleeve got rather appley too!!

We're moving onto potato tomorrow, so hopefully, that will go down better! Izzy is having the leftovers each day so she's liking it, even if Joel's not too enamoured at present!

I shouldn't be discouraged.  I know it's all new, and it's all just tastes at the moment, but when he loved his carrot I thought he'd love everything!!  At least he's having a good few spoons of each one, and I know his milk feeds will sustain him more than anything else for now anyway.

This is our weeks menu, just for anyone's information if you're interested?!!

Sunday - Carrot
Monday - Butternut Squash
Tuesday - Apple
Wednesday - Potato
Thursday - Pear
Friday - Sweet Potato
Saturday - Butternut Squash

Then I need to see whether he's ready to move onto two meals a day or just carry on for another week with one meal a day.  I could also add parsnip, swede, banana and papaya next week!!  I'm sure when I was weaned it wasn't this exotic?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment