Thursday 15 September 2011

Baby Rice

In the end, although I'd made a bundle of purees, I opted for baby rice as I could make it with my milk, he's not been great at taking medicine (Calpol and gripe water) so I wanted to introduce him slowly to the concept of food from a spoon and the rice would just taste like the milk he's used to, but with a bit more substance to it.  I'm making it a little bit thicker each day and am aiming to get it to a yoghurt like consistancy before starting the vegetables maybe on Sunday?!

Maybe that's too slow a process, but I don't want to rush, he's still having his breast milk regulalry, and it's suiting us :)

All ready to go, with bib, spoons, expressed milk, rice and bowl!!

First face after first spoonful - bit like 'hmmm?'

But he wanted more!




I'd say this was a success!
He really seemed keen on accepting the spoon, and opened his mouth ready for each one.  He had quite a bit of it which I'd made with one spoon of rice made up with breast milk to a pretty runny consistency, so he had lots of spoonfuls.

Whether it will help him in the night I don't know, but as far as weaning goes, it's a good start!

No comments:

Post a Comment