Friday 16 September 2011

Urgh.... Teeth

After a promising start to weaning, we had a terrible night!  I think his teeth were really bothering him as he didn't seem hungry when I picked him up, each time, about 4 times?  I lost track in the foggy time zones of the early hours, but he wanted a feed each time to soothe himself back to sleep.

I rubbed Dentinox gel on his gums which seemed to help and he didn't like going back in his cot so into the spare bed we went until he was fast asleep then I transferred him back to the cot so I could try and get some decent sleep too.

I'm still feeling under the weather with a cold which no doubt is due to me feeling run down with these broken nights, and this morning, Steve took him downstairs to play at 6.40am as there was no way I felt up to doing it today, although he wanted a feed at about 7.40 so he came back up again!  Then we both dozed in our bigger bed whilst Steve took over the spare bed so we all changed rooms during the night!

At about 9am we woke up again and left Steve sleeping to come back downstairs and we've both been a bit groggy and tired since.

Grandad came to take Joel out for a walk this afternoon so I could get some rest, and although I've slept for well over an hour I'm still feeling a bit rotten :( and headachy.

On the plus side, day two of baby rice has gone down very well, and he cleared his bowl earlier!

I'm' just really hoping and praying for a better night tonight!  I'm not sure how much longer I can cope with bad nights! 

No comments:

Post a Comment