Wednesday 29 June 2011

Shopping Day

Thanks to the fact I have a lovely, and pretty easy going baby, Mum and I were able to take him shopping today!! 

We went to Bounce and Rhyme first and then met Mum for a lift to Hanley as I'm in need of some new shoes for the wedding on Saturday.  Since I've not worn heels for so long and my joints are all still feeling rather weak, I couldn't face the thought of wearing my high gold heels so wanted to find a pair of low kitten heels, in gold and slingbacks.  I don't know if it's normal at this point although I've read the hormone which makes your pelvis softer in preparation for birth is still in your system for up to six months afterwards so at the moment I'm hobbling around feeling stiff and my ankles need extra support and I'm too scared to carry Joel in heels that I don't feel safe in.

After a little bit of searching I found a pair in Debenhams which were half price in the sale and exactly what I was looking for.  Hurrah!  I'm hoping the gold shoes and bangles will go with my purple bellamama dress.  All I need now is a big pair of pants to get rid of the VPL and hold my tummy in and I'm sorted!

Joel was so good all day.  We got to the shops about 12.00 noon and went straight to a cafe for a sandwich where I was able to feed him, and then he slept all around the shops, getting lots of comments on his cuteness from old ladies and we were even able to stop off at Trentham Gardens on the way home for Mum to get some presents whilst I fed him in the car and then we lay on the grass so he could enjoy the fresh air and kick his legs about a bit.

Once we were home he was quite shattered and had a very good sleep but that didn't stop him going out like a light at 7pm after his bath!!  Lets see what time he sleeps until tonight!  Tomorrow we're going to Leeds for the day so I hope he's as good again!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment