Sunday 12 June 2011

Nottingham

Joel and I (with Grandma of course) headed over to Nottingham to visit my sister Amy today.  He was a bit grizzly in the car, I think he has wind from me eating a chilli con carne.  Won't be eating that again in a hurry but I was told to try all foods to see what he doesn't like rather than avoid them and never know.

We had a lovely day with a stroll to some local shops where we bought some  yummy cheesecake to bring home (I've never been to a cheesecake shop before!!) and rather than push the pram, I wore Joel in my Moby sling!  I've not been out like that with him before and have to say, I was very concious of where I put my feet and was terribly worried about tripping over and landing on him.  I didn't, but I still worried! 

We chilled out for the afternoon after having soup and rolls for lunch at Amy's and Joel got some nappy off time on the floor, and despite me laying a blanket and changing mat down, still managed to pee twice on Amy's rug!!  He just goes for it and this massive fountain arches over any protection!!

We headed home for 6pm and Steve was glad to see us and had lots of Daddy cuddles and bathed him and then it was bedtime for Joel and he went down without a murmur!!  He's a good little night sleeper, with one waking at 1.30 and then through till 6am.

Can't complain about that!

We're going to attempt a trip to Leeds next week to visit Aunty Celia and possibly my cousins there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment