Thursday 23 February 2012

Tunnel Light?

Today Joel had a bit of a nursery break through.

He didn't whimper when I dropped him off.

The ladies said he was very good and didn't cry once for the three hours he was there.  He had some outside playtime, and sat with his friend Trudy for a while and had a couple of his own toys to play with (puppy pal violet and a little baby radio) and all seemed well when I returned to collect him.

I saw all the babies sat together in a circle with things to play with and he was fine!  He was sat there, the youngest but looking as though he was fitting in fine!  Then he saw me and welled up but that's ok because I was there to dry his tears!  It's the times he's crying and I'm not there that worry me more.

He's going again tomorrow afternoon.  I think the more regular visits will help him feel more settled.  He's certainly developed a huge attachment to his comforter blankie.  I guess he's been feeling some insecurities from being left without me.  And he doesn't like a dummy so a blankie it is for him.  he used to just want it in his cot for sleeping but now when he's lifted up he brings it with him or cries for it if its dropped.  And if it's not the blankie its a spoon.  Just one of his regular plastic ones but he'll hold it all day long if allowed.

But if it helps him settle in then I don't mind.  I just want him to be happy there.  And I'm encouraged today.

No comments:

Post a Comment