Tuesday 7 February 2012

Rugrat

Joel is now a fully mobile baby, scootling over the floor like a speedy little chap, entertaining himself brilliantly with his toys, working things out, sitting himself up, rolling and crawling and he's so funny to watch!

He seems to have good concentration and will spend lots of time on one thing, especially his shape sorter, taking time over testing each piece in each hole until it goes in, and then he cheers himself (yay!!) and claps and looks up to make sure we're all watching him and cheering and clapping too!   He's very into his fishbowl, carefully taking the fish out and putting them in again, and seeing what else fits in the bowl, and looking at us through it which he finds very entertaining1

Sometimes he doesn't quite get it in, and cheers anyway and then we'll say, 'try again, push it in' and he manages it but he seems to think just trying deserves a cheer as well, which I suppose it does really!!  The only one he struggles with now is the moon, and it does seem tricky to push through unless put in a certain way.  so it's not just him.

We went to Nottingham yesterday to visit my sister who is due a baby girl any time now really.  Her due date is early March and we're very excited to meet the new baby.  Joel will look huge next to her, although he is looking and seeming more like a little boy now rather than a baby.

Today he is wearing 12-18 month dungarees and a matching vest underneath.  I bought them from Ebay, and thought I'd see how they fit as his 9-12 bargain dungaree set from Sainsburys is very tight on his shoulders and round his middle and these seem to fit very well.  I've had to roll the legs up an inch, so I guess he's a long bodied baby like his daddy.  I shall have to see what else I've bought him for after his birthday as it may need to come out now!!

He went with Grandad to mums and toddlers this morning as I've had a day at home doing admin for Steve and he's  had a lovely time.  And hopefully Joel liked it too!!  (boom boom).  Once I'm back at work next month (boo hoo) either Mum or Dad will carry on taking him to the group as it's good for him, but I'm sad he won't be able to carry on with Bounce and Rhyme due to being at nursery on a Wednesday.

Work.  It seems a million miles away but closer than ever.  I say back next month, but it'll be on leave for four weeks and then back at the start of April.  At least I'll get a full pay check before I'm due back and I can buy some work clothes to fit.  There's no way I'll fit in my lovely skirts from yesteryear.  I can't believe I ever did fit in them to be honest.  I keep forgetting I was trim for my wedding and the lightest I can remember!  Pregnancy clouds your mind as you get used to being a whale.  Still, I wouldn't call myself a whale any more.  Just not quite as slim as before!

No comments:

Post a Comment