Tuesday 21 February 2012

Nursery Inductions

How are Joel's nursery inductions going?

Well, I'm just glad he's been going for a month so far, whilst I've been off work still as I've been able to drop him off and collect him every time and take care of him with the lurgies that come with nursery induction!

The first week I sat with him for a couple of hours and he played and got used to the place.

The second week I left him for an hour and went back to get him.  He was fine being left, but burst into tears on seeing me come back for him.

The third week he cried a little on being left, but was distracted before I had left completely and again had a good sob when I returned for him.  He also seemed to catch a bit of a cold lurgy.

The fourth week I had to leave him for his lunch, and as he had taken a while to get over his cold, he wasn't himself and he didn't like being left so cried and I had to leave him crying.  I rang up once home, and he was still upset, so I asked that they give him his blankie (which he's really become very attached to) and it calmed him down.  I rang back again 10 minutes later to be told he was now fine and eating his lunch.  I went to collect him a little bit later and he was fine, and being held by either Laura or Amanda, and didn't cry, didn't seem to want to come to me and was ok!

Then last week I dropped him off for lunch, and a nap, and there was a little 'waah' on dropping him off that was placated swiftly, and he ate his lunch and had a nap and was good.  Dot said that she'd seen a good improvement in him, and that means this week he's going on Thursday afternoon and for a full day on Friday!  A full day for my little man.  That's breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I'm a bit emotional thinking of it to be honest. It should be time spent with me.  I'm finding it hard to accept that someone else will be taking care of him and doing what should be my job.  And others will be teaching him, and letting him see the world in my place and I'll be in the office and not able to walk him round the wildlife reserve, or push him on the swings on a quiet Thursday afternoon.  It makes me well up just thinking about it.  Roll on August when I can apply for part time again.  I may be made redundant in the meantime due to restructuring but that's another story and wouldn't be an unhappy ending!

1 comment:

  1. It must be so stressful. I am dreading taking Jacob. He has some 1 hour settling in sessions in 3 weeks. Want to keep him with me always.

    ReplyDelete