Wednesday 1 February 2012

Clever Baby

I really think babies are more clever than I've ever given them credit for.  At least I can say that's the case for Joel!  He remembers things and is enjoying seeing cause and effect.  He loves making us laugh.

In our lounge, our crazy dog has a thing about the curtain.  I'm not sure where this stems from. But if it moves or I open or close them, she comes barging in from wherever she is in the house!  If she's upstairs you hear her collar jingle and she flings herself down the stairs to run and check what's going on, or if she's in her bed in the front room you hear tch tch tch as her claws try to get a grip on the laminate flooring.

Anyway, the point to this rather mundane tale is that Joel has learnt if he's on my knee near the curtain, and he wants a bit of entertainment, all he has to do is move the curtain, make the noise of the rings on the pole, and the crazy hound will appear as if by magic.

This afternoon she dutifully came running in and up to the sofa and Joel giggled in glee at it, and as he continued to wave the curtain, she jumped about and gave such a reaction that I don't think he'll ever be able to give up the temptation to annoy the dog!

In Mummy's Hat
Learning His Shapes

Giving a Grin
Grandma has bought him a new toy as she thinks he's ready for it now rather than for his birthday which is when it was originally intended and he's amazed me with working it out and being able to put the circle, square and triangle into the sorter.  The star and moon are a bit more complex but it makes me  feel that I underestimate him and that he could solve a lot more challenges that maybe I need to introduce!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Jacob has had the Vtech rocket for months and hasn't worked out how to put any of the shapes in. Clever Joel! Loving the dog thing too LOL.

    ReplyDelete