Tuesday 18 October 2011

Stye in my Eye

I know I'm overtired this week but now I have a stye in my eye from it which doesn't help as it's painful and stops me napping!!  I've had to put hot water on cotton wool and hold it there which seems to be helping a bit.

These past few nights Joel has been up at 4,3, and 2am (in that order!) and doesn't go back to sleep without me lying with him in the spare bed and as he can't go under the duvet, we're both on it, him in his sleeping bag, me shivering under a cellular blanket and therefore not really sleeping at all!

I know it's his teeth troubling him, I wish these two that are pretty much there would just be out and let him be.  He's off his food, he's grizzly and it's awful as there's not a lot I can do for him to make it all better.

I've got him some teething powders which do seem to help a little.  They're just chamomile to relax and they seem to do the job, but he wanted to go to bed early tonight, and he's just woken an hour later with proper cries and sobs so it was calpol to the rescue.  It took a little while to calm him down and he was clinging to me and didn't want to be put down poor thing.  so we sat and rocked, and sang and cuddled until he was back to sleep and could be put into his cot and I guess the calpol took effect.

It's a shame as this week we're starting to introduce meat and fish to his diet and his dinner tonight was chicken and parnsip puree, and for the past three weeks he's loved his purees and cleared every bowl but this week he's been regressing to wanting breast milk again.  Apart from breakfast as he loves his morning porridge and cereals!!  But with interspersing spoons of pear puree he pretty much did manage most of his chicken meal and seemed to like the taste, it's just getting it in his mouth now he knows he can move his head from side to side very fast and keep his mouth firmly shut!!  We're having lots of choo choo trains, and whizzing rockets and galloping horses aiming at his mouth at the moment!  And the pirate song, he loves that one so after we've chanted 'this way that way, forwards and backwards' he usually grins and on the words' over the irish sea' the food goes in!  and with five verses that's five big spoons that get to their goal!!

I have also made a beef casserole today for pureeing, but have used my slow cooker and the beef still seems a bit tough so I might leave it on overnight on low and see how it is tomorrow.  I guess that'll be ok?  The potatoes are still a bit firm too and since it'll be pureed to within an inch of it's life it needs to be pretty mushy!

Anyway, I am going to head to bed early and hopefully get a good few hours sleep and see whether the extra protein in Joel's diet keeps him feeling full and therefore sleeping for longer or whether the pain from his teeth overide that theory and cause multiple wake ups all night long :(

No comments:

Post a Comment