Thursday 13 October 2011

Slummy Mummy

I have not really been making much of an effort with my appearance these past few months.  Yes, you get the celebrity mums who stroll out of hospital a size 6 with gigantically high heels and perfect make up but lets face it, they have help!!

However, my low point came today when strolling through town with Joel in his buggy, it wasn't until I was on the way home that I realised I had butternut squash puree all down my top.  The second I'd noticed, I just thought how noticable it all was so others must have thought I was a right scroggy mother :(

Then I also realised that I'd not fastened my nursing bra up on the right side after Joel's last feed so had been wandering about with one boob up and one boob down so felt even worse!!  Is this what is known as 'letting yourself go'?

So I am heading to Cheltenham tomorrow to meet my mother in law for a day with Joel and am going to wear shoes rather than trainers, and a nice top rather than a hoody and try to get some make up on.

I always thought that I'd be able to do more about my appearance once Joel was here but I guess not.  Time just flies and certain things don't seem as important anymore but I will have a go at making a bit more effort!

No comments:

Post a Comment