Saturday 8 October 2011

Road to Recovery

I've been feeling a little better today.  Steve lolled on the sofa with Joel so I got to sleep in till 10.30 which helped a lot, and then I looked after Joel whilst he went to bed and rested for the afternoon.

Joel really has been very patient and good without too much attention and has been practising sitting up, and he's really a grabby, reachy baby now!  He sees something he wants and he goes for it!  Whether that be Mummy's glasses or the TV remote.  It's as though he's making a choice now as well if there's two toys he deliberates and goes for one rather than the other.

I  bought him some new toys from Amazon and Ebay and he really does seem to enjoy them so far.  he got a wobbly duck with a bell, a peek a boo pop up garden, a v-tech driving thingy, a pop up apple that sings, and the rest I'm saving till christmas for him!

With knowing we're going away  next month for a few days I'm not yet sure how to manage Joel's food whilst in Scotland.  I can't take all my own purees with me as they won't keep.  He'll hopefully be on some finger foods by then which will help as he could eat from our plates, but the obvious answer is jars!  So with this in  mind I've bought a few and with being ill these past few days haven't had the incentive to cook meals in the evening so have tried a couple of jars which he's not liked at all.  He's screwed his face up, and howled at the tastes in his mouth, whereas if I give him a bit of carrot puree with rice he loves it and gobbles it up!  Flattering, but disconcerting all the same as to the problems it poses for Scotland.

Two new meals I cooked for him were received differently.  He loved his carrot, potato and sweetcorn but cheesey leek and cauliflower made him cry!!  His faces are so cute!

And that's today!

No comments:

Post a Comment