Thursday 16 December 2010

The Flu Bug

There's some serious debate going on the Babycentre forum today about the flu, swine flu and the vaccinations offered.

Now, I'll admit that I had a letter from my doctor's a while ago inviting me to have a jab being a bit asthmatic and pregnant and I've avoided it as last year my Dad had his jab and felt very ill afterwards, so he's not been for one either.

But I don't really know what to do for the best now.  I know catching flu is dangerous, and swine flu when pregnant is even more so.

So I've booked a jab on the same morning as my 25 week midwife appointment (the morning we're travelling down to Exeter) so will ask the midwife and nurse at the same time what I should do!  I don't want any side effects, but I guess if I do feel a bit ill with it, Steve's family won't mind me taking a nap of an afternoon whilst we're there.

The NHS website says this here.

Ho hum.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment