Sunday 25 November 2012

What to Blog?

We've had a nice weekend despite the rather glumifying weather.  (Is that even a word?!)

We had a quietish Friday once back from the slimming group.  We had some lunch, then Joel napped (I love that quiet two hours to do what I want to!) then we played lots and had a trip to the post office, and then an important visit!  We went to a craft shop and bought some fabric and trims to make an outfit for Joel to wear to our Church nativity morning. 

We got him some purple material, and some gold and red ribbons and sequins.  That makes two sewing projects as I'm still trying to finish his advent calendar. 

We've decided to have a real tree this year, but where it will go I have no idea.  We'll have to rearrange the room utterly to make room.  And I've no doubt it'll get rather decimated by Joel before too long.

Yesterday we went along to Joels' nursery Christmas Fayre.  I won back some stuff I donated to the tombola.  I bought some cakes that were a bit strange, and we froze on the walk there and back.  But it was nice to dress Joel up in his snow suit.

All the kids there got totally hyper and were all running around a lot yelling for most of the morning!!  Joel loved joining in and racing about.  I got him a little tattoo on his arm which he didn't like and he cried every time his sleeve was pulled up and he could see it!!  I had one too to see whether that helped but no, he didn't like seeing me with one either.  He's so funny!!

We've been to church this morning and Steve let him take his ukelele with him.  He wandered about with it strumming and singing, but also in the quiet bits so it was a relief for him to go through to creche!  I was playing keyboard this morning so couldn't be on hand for him.  He was not willing to share it with anyone else either.  Luckily, Grandad kept him entertained.

And he didn't go down for a nap until 1.30 with us getting back late, so whilst he slept, we watched a film together.  It was a nice change to have a quiet time in the day together.   I guess this is our first weekend together at home in about a month!

We'll have to see what next week brings but there will be a visit from Steve's family which warrants a good house tidy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment