Tuesday 20 November 2012

First Slimming Meeting

Well, I went along on Friday as planned, and I was glad I did.

I got weighed and it was what I'd expected.  I think I have about a stone and a half to lose to get back to pre-pregnancy weight.

So, we've been having slimming world recipes for dinner, and I'm monitoring my breakfast and lunches more closely.

Breakfasts are consisting of a couple of weetabix with milk (which I used to do anyway to be fair).  Lunches have been homemade vegetable soup, or jacket potatoes, and dinners have been quite varied.  We had noodles with beef and broccoli stir fry (tasty), chicken tikka masala (tasty) and carbonara (just ok).

Of course going for a weekend away to a B&B when commencing a diet isn't a great plan, but I just tried to make good choices.  I opted for poached eggs, rather than fried, with tomatoes and baked beans.  I went for wholemeal toast rather than white.  I had a jacket potato with my steak, instead of chips.

As I'm not really a binger or snacker between meals, I'm not finding it too hard, it's just changing the way I cook food, and ingredients I use.  The fat elements I used have gone and low fat is the way foward.  So far, I don't feel that it's compromised on taste too much.  But I am missing crisps.  They're a no no now.

I will be interested to see what happens on Friday for my second weigh in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment