Monday 5 November 2012

Lurgy Bug

This weekend started off ok.  We had a fun walk to the field by the hospital with the dog and took some balls to play with.  We explored along the path and climbed up and down some steps a few times and met some nice doggies to wave hello to!

But then at tea times I started feeling sick.  By 8pm I was shut in the bathroom having put Joel to bed just in time. 

I was then seriously struck down with vomiting and diarrhea all night.  As our bathroom is downstairs I dozed on the sofa to be closer to the loo, and in the night heard Steve up and about and on checking found that Joel had too, been very sick.  This is only the second time it's happened   Steve had changed I'm and put him in our bed but left his cot full of vomit!  So I cleared his cot, put new sheets on it and sorted that out and went back downstairs.  I didn't think it was a good idea to have him I our bed and was proved right when he was sick again.  Loads of washing! Poor baby was very good about it.  He had another full change and seemed to be more awake so came down with me and we both dozed on the sofa till 7am.  I was poorly most of Sunday as well and I think had it been the other way I'd manage things and leave Steve to get well.  He did try, bless him, but his managing things still involved asking me to dress Joel, which I had no energy for, and sorting out lunch and such like! I napped in the morning and the afternoon from having such a little amount of sleep in the day and Steve seemed to resent that! Yes he was tired too but I'd had Joel from 4am and let him sleep till 9 and he wasn't ill!! S when I came down, they'd not been out for fresh air to walk the dog.  They were sat in a dark room with the tv on and Joel was playing on the iPad.  Not the most constructive of days.  

And to top it all off, Aunt Flo arrived this morning which to be honest hasn't surprised me too much but it's still disappointing. Onto cycle 10 we go.  

No comments:

Post a Comment