Thursday 15 November 2012

Mummy Time

As you may be aware, trying for baby number is taking its time.  Maybe thats a good thing.  It's not the close age gap I thought I wanted, but we're taking things easy in the run up to Christmas and I've got two new projects on the horizon.

Firstly, I'm signing up to join a Slimming World group.  I don't think I'm overly huge, and I've managed to slim down and lose most of my baby weight, but I'm not someone who weighs herself every day.  In fact, I don't even own a set of scales!

The group I've found meet on a Friday morning, and have other mums who take toddlers and babies, so it seems perfect for me.  I've had a copy of the Slimming World magazine this month, and have done an online shop to stock up on the basic essentials, such as low fat spread, low fat yoghurts and ingredients for recipes.

Steve has moaned at the prospect of healthy eating and has promised to visit McDonalds every day, but I think he quite liked our noodles and stir fried beef last night.  I'm hoping that tonight's Chicken Tikka Masala goes down as well.  The chicken is currently marinating in spices and low fat natural yoghurt at the moment and smelt lovely when I put it together last night!

Steve and I are away this weekend so that won't be a good start as I won't exactly be sticking to jacket potatoes but I still think being a little bit good in between will be better than not doing anything at all.

My other plan is to take part in the County Chorus Oratorio after Christmas.  I used to be an active member of our local youth choir until I was 18, then on returning from University, there wasn't really a choir for me to join, but once a year, after Christmas lots of folk get together to perform this Oratorio.  This year, it will be Verdi's Requiem, so I will enjoy that.  It's a big committment with rehearsals every Sunday afternoon for three months but Steve has assured me that he will manage with Joel on his own!! 

So slimming and singing will be my two new hobbies, and we'll just see what happens with babymaking, but I'm not stressing about it this month.  And I will look forward to Christmas as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment