Wednesday 11 January 2012

The Horror

I have a confession.  I've discovered that my driving license is out of date.  I have a photo license and must have had a letter but not really focused on it and now it's really overdue.  Plus I've not told them I got married and changed my name.  So we have quite a sense of urgency about it now.

So off I went to the post office and got the relevant form and went to get my photo taken.  The photo booths at Asda and Tesco were out of order so decided I might be happier with a picture from Peter Rogers so popped in after getting Joel weighed last and I was a bit rosy from the heat of the doctor's surgery.

I thought I might have time to sort myself out, but after a swift hair brush, I was sat on a stool and didn't even have time to smile or think about anything and one click, and it was done.  I was shown the camera image to which I said, 'oh, that's awful' and the photographer paused, and then said '....it's not that bad'.

The guy printed them, took my money and then I was left with a permanent reminder as to how awful I looked.  I didn't look like me, or at least how I thought I looked.  A haggard, tired, red faced woman was looking back at me with hair that screams for attention, a lack of make up and bags under her eyes.  You know the sort, the 'before' pictures where everyone feels sorry for the woman on programmes such as 'Ten Years Younger'.

Not good.  I'm torn between just sending that picture off or getting a new one done.  It's only vanity I know but this picture will haunt me for ten years.

With going back to work in the not too distant future I've decided I'll be getting a good haircut before then, having a make up trial at boots and then getting a few items of work clothes since not a lot of my skirts or trousers from before Joel fit me.  I'll make a day of it and try to make myself feel better.  And with having sorted my driving license by then it'll be a shame not to have that picture on it!

1 comment:

  1. Deffo get it redone. Poor you, I know how you feel. I am permanently down about my appearance at the moment. We don't get time for ourselves any more do we!

    ReplyDelete