Saturday 23 October 2010

Aches and Pains!

This pregnancy is causing lots of different feelings at the moment.

I'm learning to love my bump, I'm getting more excited by the day at imagining the moment I get to greet the baby.  I can't wait to start painting the nursery.

But at night, I'm having trouble sleeping and it seems very early for such things!

It is said that being pregnant, one shouldn't sleep on one's back.  Well, that was my sleeping position of comfort and I'd quite happily drift off to sleep, lying on my back, breathing quietly through my nose.  Steve found it disturbing as he said I looked dead (!) but I liked it.

It may have been psychological, but on finding out I was pregnant sleeping on my back felt uncomfortable, like I could feel something pressing on my spine (although apparently this isn't too bad until 16 weeks).

Anyway, on my side it has been for the last couple of months, but now, my hips are killing me.   I'm awake in the night having to turn from side to side as the ache is waking me up!!  I've not had a good night's sleep for about four nights and yesterday people were alarmed at my right eye looking so bloodshot due to tiredness!!   I just wish I knew what I could do to ease it a little.  Apparently a pillow between the legs is meant to help I've done that but will try it again.  I find it a pain turning over and taking a pillow with me! 

I didn't know you got this sort of ache, but on googling it this morning, yep, another matter that causes pregnancy grief women in general seem unaware of!  I can feel it now, my bones are feeling a bit tender.  The thought of another five months of this is rather alarming. 

And next week I'll be on a canal boat in a very narrow little bed!  I'm taking extra pillows and blankets for comfort though.  Oh for a good night's sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment