Thursday 7 October 2010

13 weeks and 3-4 days

This one looks rather skeletal!!
And here it is looking a bit more baby like and cosy!

I know it's Steve's baby as it was all curled up and happy asleep and didn't want to be disturbed. It flailed it's little fists as us as the sonographer poked at it with the wand thing, and was not wanting to play at all. Just like Steve in a morning! Gosh, imagine if it's like a little Steve :( I'll have to train it from the start and not let Steve have too much input!!
~
So then we had to head out and go for a walk with some jumping, drink a cup of tea and go back after 30 minutes. The baby was more cooperative at this point and they were able to get the measurements they wanted.
~
Then - duh duh duh - it was time for the ominous blood tests. I made quite a scene. We were heading down a corridor which was taking us closer and Steve was teasing me about junkies which I didn't want to hear, so I began to cry. I made it down the corridor to the waiting room and we got a number to put us in the queue and it was on 14 and we were 21 :( So we waited and I was ok, and Steve was actually managing to be supportive, but when it was our turn, as I stepped into the room and saw the chair with arm stirrups I began to cry again. Not noisily, just tears, pouring down my face!
~
The nurses were lovely, both came to help and look after me, they tilted me back, gave me extra pillows, but my left arm veins weren't playing either, so it was the right arm, and even that one was dubious for the amount of blood they wanted. But it was all done, with lots of tears, and apologies from me but I couldn't have contained my tears if I'd tried. It's just a reaction from me when in that situation. I'm not even afraid of blood, cuts, scrapes, grazes, I can deal with, but a needle in my vein sucking it out of me, that's where the terror lies. Veins. Urgh. Can't bear them!
~
So it was back to work and normality. I have an appointment with the midwife at 16 weeks at the Dr's, then a 20 week scan on the 27th November, then more bloods at 28 weeks. It makes it all seem nearer somehow pacing things out like that!
~
Still not thought about much else practical. Although I am now feeling more sorted in myself. I think I just needed the 12 week confirmation and I can look to the future a bit more now.

No comments:

Post a Comment