Wednesday 13 October 2010

Supernumerary Nipple!!!

I had a bit of a shock yesterday. 

Many years ago, when I was a University student, I had a couple of skin tags removed, one from my thigh, and one from my stomach because they rubbed and got infected.  I found what I thought was a third one, under my left breast and on querying it with a doctor, was told it was an under developed nipple, and that one in ten women have this!

So I left it.  It didn't bother me, and I didn't bother it.

Until pregnancy struck! 

I looked at it yesterday, and where it used to be a flat pink moley type this, it now is darker in colour, and has a point to it!!  It's like a mini version of my regular nipples!

Ingrigued, I looked up on the internet, and it seems it's an extra nipple if it's on a 'milk line' and it's likely to lactate as well when the milk comes in!!  It's not advised to breast feed from it, as it can cause permament enlargement, but seriously!  Can you imagine milk coming from a non-regular nipple! 

Steve thinks it's weird, but he can't talk, he's got webbed toes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment