Wednesday 18 January 2012

Bits and Bobs

I'm writing this from a very bleary perspective.  And chilled perspective!

Joel has decided 1am is a great time to get up and play and chatter, and the boiler is on the blink.  Whenever it's freezing outside, it doesn't come on and the pilot light struggles to stay going, but when it's more mild, it's fine.   It's very annoying but I can't have Joel in a chilled house so we've decided to bite the bullet and get a new one, and have it relocated from upstairs to the kitchen.

It's going to be a bit job, reorganising the kitchen, gas pipes to be fitted but it needs to be done and may help our house sell, and keep us warm in the meantime.

Yesterday I gave Joel a taste of marmite for the first time.  It's not something I have in as although I don't mind it on a crumpet, I'm not obsessed with it!  So after getting a little pot I popped a little on a bit of toast for him.

Having a taste...

Woah - taste explosion

Not liking it...

Not impressed at all..
I missed the full reaction with a yell and sticking his tongue out with a proper 'bleurgh' and it swiftly went over the side of his high chair to Izzy, who rejected it too!

We went along to Mums and Toddlers but drove as I needed the car for the afternoon and it meant we were late organising the car swap with Steve but being tired it was good to not have to walk for once!

Considering he was up from 1-4 am Monday night, he managed to stay awake through it all, and dropped off at midday when I pulled up at home so I lifted him into the house, undressed him all whilst zonked and put him down in his cot.  I then had to wake him at 1.30 as he'd had no lunch and I didn't want him oversleeping if he was going to have another nap later on.

So we ran a few errands during the afternoon, going to get hay and food for the guinea-pigs, doing a shop at Lidl, popping to the bank and then on getting home again we took Izzy out for a walk whilst it was sunny.  She loves frolicking in the frost!
All snuggled up....
It's amazing how he can have a very disturbed night as well but seem bright as a button on getting up whereas I'm struggling this morning after a second disturbed night and need at least one more cup of tea to feel that I can function!

No comments:

Post a Comment